Dylan kort #1192

When I started writing songs as a teenager, and even as I started to achieve some renown for my abilities, my aspirations for these songs only went so far. I thought they could be heard in coffee houses or bars, maybe later in places like Carnegie Hall, the London Palladium. If I was really dreaming big, maybe I could imagine getting to make a record and then hearing my songs on the radio. That was really the big prize in my mind. Making records and hearing your songs on the radio meant that you were reaching a big audience and that you might get to keep doing what you had set out to do.
- Bob Dylan

Dylans dankspeech, waar bovenstaand citaat uit komt, voor de Nobelprijs staat hier.
Beeld bij de dankspeech staat hier.
Dylans Nobel Prize (film), zie hier. [met dank aan Gerbrand]
Dylan Nobel diploma, zie hier.

"'Vervanger' Bob Dylan blundert tijdens uitreiking Nobelprijs", zie hier.
"Nobelprijzen uitgereikt: Feringa glundert, verklaring Bob Dylan", zie hier.
"Dylan grote afwezige bij uitreiking Nobelprijs", zie hier.
"Patti Smith overmand door zenuwen tijdens uitreiking Nobelprijzen", zie hier.
"Patti Smith eert Bob Dylan op uitreiking Nobelprijzen", zie hier.
"Patti Smith haalt namens Bob Dylan Nobelprijs voor de literatuur op", zie hier.
"Bob Dylan vereerd om 'zo'n prestigieuze prijs te mogen ontvangen'", zie hier.
"Feringa: Toen ze de song van Dylan speelden, werd ik heel emotioneel", zie hier.
"Patti Smith verslikt zich in Dylan 'Hard Rain'", zie hier.

Op 5 december plaatste Patti Smith het volgende bericht op Facebook:

In September while attending the opening of my photographic exhibition at the Stockholm House of Culture, I was approached by a member of the Nobel Committee to sing at the ceremony.
At that time the laureates were not announced and I had planned to perform one of my own songs with the orchestra. But after Bob Dylan was announced as the winner and he accepted, it seemed appropriate to set my own song aside and choose one of his.
I chose A Hard Rain because it is one of his most beautiful songs. It combines his Rimbaudian mastery of language with a deep understanding of the causes of suffering and ultimately human resilience.
I have been following him since I was a teenager, half a century to be exact. His influence has been broad and I owe him a great debt for that.
I had not anticipated singing a Bob Dylan song on December 10, but I am very proud to be doing so and will approach the task with a sense of gratitude for having him as our distant, but present, cultural shepherd.

Het is dus niet Bob Dylan geweest - zoals ik tot nu toe dacht - maar het Nobelcomité die haar vroeg op te treden tijdens de uitreiking van de Nobelprijs.

"Manuscript Dylan en bril van Lennon geveild", zie hier.

Geen opmerkingen: